bringing together a group of incredible people with impressive credentials who are a spectrum of business, nonprofit, and community leaders,” Coulter said. “Their number one job will be to give me an impartial evaluation of the direction my administration should take Oakland County.”
Some of the duties of Transition Advisory Group will include providing counsel on filling available senior-level staff positions and appointments to boards and commissions; providing counsel on the county’s organizational chart to ensure efficiencies and prioritization; receiving a report on fiscal policies and advising on approving a balanced budget by September 30; reviewing and evaluating current department priorities and programs; and advising on short-term and medium-term priorities.
The 10 individuals on the Transition Advisory Group are:
- Paul Brown, partner, eLab Ventures, member of the University of Michigan Board of Regents, and former vice president of capital markets at the Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Lisa Canada, political and legislative director, Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights
- Sean Carlson, executive director, Michigan Defense Center, and board member of Huron Valley Schools
- Jaimie Clayton, president and CEO, Oakland Family Services
- Jeff Denha, CEO, Brass Aluminum Forging
- Marcia Gershenson, vice chair, Oakland County Board of Commissioners
- Dave Hecker, president, American Federation of Teachers Michigan
- Gilda Jacobs, president and CEO, Michigan League for Public Policy
- Glenn McIntosh, vice president for student affairs & chief diversity officer, Oakland University
- Mary Zatina, senior vice president of government relations and community affairs, Beaumont Health
The Transition Advisory Group will hold two meetings as a group and work individually in between the meetings. The first meeting will take place next week.
For media inquiries only, please contact Bill Mullan, Oakland County media and communicationsofficer, at 248-858-1048.